The Ford Transit Connect has an average lifespan of 150,000 miles or 10 to 15 years of use. This is a very average lifespan for any Ford Transit model of van, which is part of why they are so popular. The Connect has a good reputation, and some owners have said it can last as long as 300,000 miles.
This van model is very well-liked and a favorite amongst many Ford Transit fans. It is a smaller model of van that is easy to drive but still has plenty of room like many other Ford Transits.
With the right ownership and proper care, this van can easily last many many years, even with consistent driving. It is made to last and can handle the daily wear and tear of driving and transporting.
Ford Transit Connects Have a 10 to 15 Year Lifespan
The Ford Transit Connect has an average lifespan of 10 to 15 years, depending on how well it is maintained. This is a very normal range for most models of Ford Transit van.
Ford reported the Connect can live up to 150,000 miles though it can handle much more than that. With the right care, many Ford Transit Connect owners have reported their van living up to 300,000 miles.
This is an impressive lifespan for a smaller-sized van as it is still built to last. Though the Connect is on the smaller side when compared to other Ford Transits, it still has a similar lifespan.
This is a great van option for anyone looking for a smaller-sized Ford Transit that still drives and works the same way. It can still get the job done and can last for many many years if it is maintained properly.
Rated Only 3 Out of 5 for Reliability
The Ford Transit Connect van got a 3-star rating out of 5 when it came to reliability. This mostly has to do with its need to be frequently repaired.
When it comes to frequency, Connect owners had to take their van to a repair shop more frequently than other kinds of vehicles. This type of van needed frequent repairs and had a similar rating to other commercial vans that also need frequent repairs.
The severity of the issues was also regularly on the more urgent side of the scale. Making the need for repairs more of a necessity that needed to be addressed sooner rather than later.
This is why the Connect has a lower reliability rating, as many owners ended up having to make several urgent stops at a repair shop. This makes the Connect a less reliable option as problems can very suddenly occur and need to be addressed.
This can become a big issue for many van owners as they may not have the budget for these kinds of repairs. Small issues could also become much more severe and pricey if not fixed soon enough.
This is why proper maintenance is so crucial with the Ford Transit Connect. With very regular maintenance, you can prevent much more severe issues later on down the road.
Maintenance is critical in catching issues before they become urgent and need more costly repairs.
Ford Transit Connect Pros and Cons
The Ford Transit Connect has its fair share of pros and cons like any Ford Transit vans do. These are important to know about before making any big decisions as to what van you want to buy.
You want to make sure that you are fully aware of what you are getting into and pick the right option for you. Not every van is going to be right for everybody, just like the Connect may not be the right fit for anyone who wants one.
If you are considering buying this model of van, keep reading to find out the pros and cons you may experience.
- Many models of the Ford Transit Connect have excellent fuel economy. This van is very good at reserving gas and will require fewer gas stops as you will be going through less fuel as you drive.
- The Connect has a front-wheel drive, making it very user-friendly and easy to handle for any driver. This is the ideal van for anyone unfamiliar with driving a large van as it drives very smoothly. It is an agile van and is easy to maneuver even in tight areas where most vans would struggle.
- Many now come with some of the best technology when it comes to safety features. This includes standard forward-collision warnings and automated emergency braking. These features can really come in handy in an emergency and prevent a dangerous and costly accident.
- Most of the models also come with exterior safety features to help keep you safe while driving. This includes rain-sensing windshield wipers for clearer vision and configurable running lights for better visibility for the driver.
- Some models have advanced driver assistance features that can make driving this van that much safer and easier. This includes features like cruise control and driver’s assistance that can slow down or speed up as necessary.
- The Ford Transit Connect is perfectly proportioned for a wide range of uses, depending on what you need. It is large enough to be used for transporting goods but can also comfortably fit passengers. It is the perfect small multi-function van for every day or commercial use.
- The Ford Transit Connect is a small Ford Transit van, it just doesn’t have the same kind of space available. This can be an issue if you need to transport goods and need plenty of cargo room. For everyday use, this van is the perfect size but may not be suitable for some businesses.
- Compared with other vans of a similar size, it’s not as powerful as you may want. It can get the job done but is overall much lower in power than many might think, limiting its towing and hauling abilities.
- The Connect also doesn’t have the option of using all-wheel drive which is a common complaint about Ford Transit vans. This limits its ability to tow and go off-road as it has less driving power.
- It generally has a poor ownership cost as they require plenty of maintenance every year. This can add up but is still cheaper than the alternative of not doing it. If this van is not properly maintained, much more severe issues could come up requiring more costly repair work.
- Many models have had reported transmission problems. These issues were so bad that Ford even recalled some of these older models.
2016 Ford Transit Connects Are More Unreliable
When it comes to buying a Ford Transit Connect van, the open model to try to avoid is the 2016 model. This year of Connect saw plenty of issues and had quite a few complaints from owners of this van.
Out of all of the models of Ford Transit Connect, this year had some of the worst reliability ratings from customers. This was due mostly to the severity of the problems this vehicle faced regularly.
The 2016 model reportedly had engine failure issues, with many owners having this issue occur regularly. This often resulted in complaints of the engine dying while being driven, making it very unreliable.
Many Connect owners also complained of their vans vibrating excessively while being driven. Not only was this annoying and loud, it often resulted in maintenance that wasn’t necessarily urgent.
Other owners of the 2016 model reported erratic gauge readings with an illuminated check engine light; with these displays not actually indicating any real issues.
These problems often resulted in costly visits to repair shops that didn’t actually fix the issue. This is why the 2016 model is one of the most unreliable Connect models.
It has some of the worst feedback as far as any year of Connect goes.
Ford Transit Connects Have a Similar Lifespan to Other Ford Transit Vans
All of the Ford Transit vans tend to have a similar lifespan no matter the model of van. A lifespan of 10 to 15 years is the expected lifespan depending on how well the van is taken care of.
Generally, the Ford Transit Connect has a very good lifespan as long as it is regularly maintained. To avoid encountering any large issues, this van needs to be regularly maintained..
The better you take care of this van, the longer it will be able to last.
This is a very impressive lifespan even for Ford Transit models. This makes the Connect one of the longer-lasting Ford Transit vans that you can buy as long as you plan on taking very good care of it.
They generally require plenty of maintenance if you want to avoid more costly and severe repairs. If this is done, you can easily avoid serious issues that could make repairing your van very expensive.
It is important to be prepared for the high ownership cost associated with any Ford Transit van,. as these kinds of vans are known for requiring plenty of expensive maintenance to avoid more severe issues.
Buyers Recommend the Ford Transit Connect
Despite the issues you may encounter when owning a Ford Transit Connect, it is still a highly recommended van. Many Connect owners love their van and still recommend it even if it does have its ups and downs.
This is a great van if you are looking for something on the smaller side. They still offer plenty of cargo space and room for passengers without feeling as large as other van models.
The Connect is easier to drive and maneuver and more user-friendly for those unfamiliar with large vehicles. It is easier to navigate through tighter areas and is ideal for driving through narrow roads or neighborhoods.
It is one of the smallest van options that still has the feel of a traditional Ford Transit van. It is a great option for anyone looking to get an everyday van that is still large and durable.
This van can withstand plenty of daily wear and tear while still having a good lifespan. If you are willing to do regular maintenance on this van, it can be a great investment for the future.
The Ford Transit Connect Starts at Around $25,000
The Ford Transit Connect is one of the more affordable Ford Transit van options available. This is mostly because it is smaller in size, so is generally cheaper to buy.
That being said, this is still a relatively pricey van as it generally starts at an asking price of $25,000. From there, the price will go up significantly depending on the model and year of Connect that you are interested in buying.
You will want to keep in mind that the Ford Transit Connect also has a relatively high ownership cost. This is due to the need for very regular maintenance as well as the chances of necessary repairs needed.
This can significantly raise the ownership cost of the Connect, making it relatively costly to own even after you purchase it. You will want to make sure you can afford to maintain this van in order to keep it in good shape.
You also have the option of purchasing a used one, which are typically significantly cheaper. Because these vans have a reputation for having a long lifespan, this could be a worthy purchase.
You can find some models of Connect for as low as $5,000 to $10,000, depending on the year and the mileage that it already has.